Sunday, April 20, 2008

My last video with Klaus - Nov 1st 2007

Hello friends of Klaus,

This video was shot last November. It was in many ways very typical of any night spent at Klaus' place. We listened to him play music, had tremendous conversations from everything from Greek and Turkish culture, martial arts, and of course women. We showed each other Youtube videos, each trying to outdo the other with laughter. I think I won because I made Klaus laugh so hard with these two videos:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Wffwg7pA0t8

This video made Klaus laugh pretty damn hard. But this one made Klaus laugh the hardest, probably because he loved Darth Vader so much:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5blbv4WFriM


I hope if you watch those videos you can hear his distinct laughter which was so heartfelt and full of joy

It's been more than two months and it still hurts so much. I can't believe I won't have another night at his place like this.




For those of you who don't speak German, Klaus says something in this video that strikes me as particularly poignant. When Kenan (my best friend and close friend of Klaus' from Berlin) says in German "So, we are all together once again"... Klaus strums his guitar and replies in German "It's just as it should be"... Yes Klaus, us all together is as it should be.

Then Klaus goes on to tell me that the WingTsun stance I taught him helped him when he was on stage, preventing him from bending forward due to his bad posture ;-)

I hope you all enjoy this video. It was filmed on a cell phone so the quality is not that great. Nevertheless, I have not been able to get through this video once without a tear in my eye.

I'm not religious or particularly spiritual, but I think I feel him watching over me. Some amazing things have happened. Du gibst mir die Kraft Klaus...

Ist aber immer noch sehr schwer... (it's still really difficult, nonetheless).

Klaus' photo now hangs in my office and right above the door to my school, the very same door that I first saw him come through when he first walked into my life.

Thanks again for the chance to post here,

Sifu (Alex Richter)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He plays a very familiar greek tune, and though I am greek, I do not remember the name, but remember the tune... and I love the fact that you had this video for all of us to enjoy his memory in our hearts always.

Althea Douvlos