Monday, March 10, 2008

Remembering you

Thank you Alex for your post. As much as it hurts to read it, it helps to process the reality of something so hard to grasp. We learned about Klausn's passing three weeks ago, on a Sunday morning, after all was said and done. We share your pain and devastation. We had just seen him a month earlier when he stopped by in Death Valley on his way to L.A.

It had been the weirdest thing, looking back. The day before he came out, I had this strong feeling to give him a call and I'm so glad I did. I had no idea he was in Las Vegas, only 3 hours away from our home. I am so grateful for this little visit we got to have.

I had one of his one-on-one friendships with him, which turned into a one-on-two friendship after I met my husband Daren and Klaus met him, too. He had actually predicted that with a grand piano in my living room instead of a couch, I would never find a guy. I'm glad I proved him wrong, although he tried hard to convince me to move that huge piano into another room :) He also thought that my cat Silver (or Silva, as he called her, insisting that a female cat needed a name ending in an "A") didn't help matters. He had his thing with cats, as you may know...

As a matter of fact, he sent me this recording in March 06 with the comment "Wunderbar!":
http://www.audioacrobat.com/play/Wd6ZpQ6Q

One of my favorite Klaus stories is Halloween 2003. We had agreed to go watch the parade and wear some kind of costume. I went as a cat (surprise, surprise!), Klaus wore a tuxedo and... a cardboard box over his head. That's right, he couldn't see a thing. I led him through the Village and we laughed and laughed and laughed. He took the box off to see a little of the parade and put it right back on. KlausN at his best!


Klaus with our baby Catherine January 10, 2008 in Death Valley

February 2005, The Gates, NYC

We miss you, Klaus, more than we can say. We felt your presence very strongly that Sunday when we found out. It was as if you had come to say goodbye and let us know that where you are now is... well... fantastic! We'll see you there when our time has come.

Nathalie (Nataklein) & Daren & Catherine

No comments: