Monday, March 3, 2008

A suggestion

Dear All,

My name is Raschad. I am one of Klaus' friends from university days back in Vienna.

Some of you I might have met during my stays with Klaus in NYC (the last one was late december 07).

After talking with Klaus' mother (and her suggesting that instead of sending flowers to his funeral a donation to some charity would be better) I remebered that Klaus and I had this idea of helping blind people. Unfortunately we never worked on this idea. Well, if I start talking about all the plans we had for the future.........this would become a long posting.

I believe that it is not too late! And that wherever Klaus is right now, he will enjoy seeing that his generous, positive and cheerful attitude is remembered!

I am therefore attaching the link to a an Austrian, non-governmental development organisation committed to helping people who have eye diseases, are blind or otherwise disabled in underprivileged regions of our world, irrespective of gender, origin, ethnicity or religion:

http://www.light-for-the-world.org/en_index.php

If you feel like donating anything to them, please add "Klaus Niedermeyer" under Additional Information.

A month from now, we will receive a statement with the total that was transferred in Klaus' memory to this great cause.

I am, of course, available for any additional information you might need!

Raschad

1 comment:

Veronika Kopecky said...

Dear Raschad,

what a lovely idea! I hope your NGO will come a long way with the donations made in memory of Klaus!

Lots of love to you - we haven't seen eachother in a very long time (last on Rathausplatz in Vienna, if I remember correctly? What? Ten years ago?)



Dear All,

Try this for a hug from Klaus, I know, he loved the song very much:

ONE, by U2

Is it getting better?
Or do you feel the same?
Will it make it easier on you now?
You got someone to blame
You say

One love
One life
When it's one need
In the night
One love
We get to share it
Leaves you baby if you
Don't care for it

Did I disappoint you?
Or leave a bad taste in your mouth?
You act like you never had love
And you want me to go without
Well it's

Too late
Tonight
To drag the past out into the light
We're one, but we're not the same
We get to
Carry each other
Carry each other
One

Have you come here for forgiveness?
Have you come to raise the dead?
Have you come here to play Jesus?
To the lepers in your head

Did I ask too much?
More than a lot.
You gave me nothing,
Now it's all I got
We're one
But we're not the same
Well we
Hurt each other
Then we do it again
You say
Love is a temple
Love a higher law
Love is a temple
Love the higher law
You ask me to enter
But then you make me crawl
And I can't be holding on
To what you got
When all you got is hurt

One love
One blood
One life
You got to do what you should
One life
With each other
Sisters
Brothers
One life
But we're not the same
We get to
Carry each other
Carry each other

One

One

a beautiful version on
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFWPeVfWB9o

Klaus, we miss you.

veronika
aka "vrone" :)