Sunday, February 17, 2008

Euro-Goofball!


Dearest Klaus (my euro-goofball friend, as you would say!)
I'm sure you would have been upset with me if I were not to celebrate
your extreme goofiness, which you held up like a badge of honor... yes,
we both saw this as one of those underrated qualities of charming
men... the coolness of goof!


I know you nagged me for years to make a video of you... it finally
happened on your last b-day... and you did not disappoint (who else would have had the fantastic idea to sing classic rock songs in German?)... the faces
you made when the mike screwed you up (see below - min 1:30) and the way you so bravely came back will etch you as my favorite goofball-rockstar of all time!

Wishing you were here

Stickey-man


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

could you please email this video to me? It would mean so much. I played trombone at klaus' birthday party a year ago but missed this one as I was out of town for work. My address is maileengo@yahoo.com. Thanks stickey-man.

Anonymous said...

What is really so funny is that the only song I ever sing on stage is this one by the Clash (Should I Stay Or Should I Go?) for those that don't know.

Sticky, please send it to me also... thanks!

Uncle Steve
steve.ionescu@gmail.com

friends said...

you don't have to send it to me ;)

older sister

Trash said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Trash said...

wow....klaus to the max.

could i have a copy of this video ?

my name is george (aka Trash) I went to school with klaus in athens back in the 80's and help with the site http://dsaclub88.forumfrei.com

my email is trash@chaoshq.co.uk

Trash

PS : where is god when you need him ?

friends said...

Alex,

Can you send me your email address please?

Thank u. JC

Anonymous said...

Hello Stickeyman...Thanks so much for the email, however my replies to it have bounced back 3 times. So I'll post my address here, please let me know if you get this. Thanks!

Aileen Taylor
755 Washington Ave.
PMB 104
Brooklyn, NY 11238

friends said...

dear alex, stickey-man,
could you please mail this video to me as well? i'd be very thankful. i remember very well when i heard him sing this song back in dec. 2001 at the planet subotnik in altona/hamburg - germany. one of the precious Klaus constants.

cassiopeiaw2000yahoo.de

thx and warm greetings to you all,
this blog means a lot to me,
good to know he lived among such great people,
sara