Saturday, February 16, 2008

Rules

Last summer I had just finished reading a book called The Four Agreements and it was fresh in my mind. Imagine my surprise when I was at a party and there on the chalkboard someone had written down quotes from the book as “Rules”.

1. Be impeccable with your word

2. Don’t take anything personally

3. Don’t make assumptions

4. Always do your best

I asked who wrote this and someone said Klaus.

It was then that I realized that Klaus was on the great quest for freedom, true happiness and love.

Now flipping through this book I was struck by this paragraph…

“What the angel of death can teach us is how to truly be alive. Use every moment to be happy, to do what we really enjoy doing. Let’s enjoy life, let’s be alive. We can begin each day by saying, “I am awake, I see the sun. I am going to give my gratitude to the sun and to everything and everyone, because I am still alive. One more day to be myself. That is the way I see life, that is what the angel of death taught me – to be completely open, to know that there is nothing to be afraid of. And of course to treat the people I love with love because this may be the last day that I can tell you how much I love you.”

Klaus was one of the ones that “gets it”. He appreciated life by savoring experience and always made everyone he met feel very special and loved.


May peace be with you Klaus.

Love,

Katie

No comments: