Thursday, February 14, 2008

Last email from my beloved student Klaus…

I posted this on my blog at www.citywt.squarespace.com. I thought some of you might like to read it, especially Klaus' email. As most of you can probably tell, it was a very typical email from Klaus. I tried calling him the Sunday morning of his accident, leaving him a voicemail that we should maybe go out and eat.

It is with such a heavy heart and such incredible sadness that I have to deal with the loss of my dear friend, student and brother, Klaus Niedermeyer. Klaus left us last Tuesday, the 12th of February after more than a week of being in a coma as the result of a motorcycle accident.

I was planning on writing the follow-up to my last blog article, but it seems impossible for me to concentrate on anything else while dealing with this incredible loss in my life. For everyone who knew Klaus, it went without saying that a man of his caliber in every aspect of his character was so rare. Klaus had the ability to make everyone feel loved and special, and not just in the trite way that most people mean when they write of someone’s passing, but truly. Klaus made everyone feel incredible. Or as Klaus would always enthusiastically say, “fantastic!”

I will be writing a more complete posting about Klaus when I can muster the strength to not cry every five minutes just thinking about him. For now I want to share the last email I received from him exactly two weeks before he passed:

From Klaus Niedermeyer
To City WingTsun
Date Tue, Jan 29, 2008 at 5:29 PM

Subject FW: some inspiring video for you...

Mein Lieber Sifu,

Bin wieder zurueck aus Greece/Nevada/California/NYC/Germany, uff, dat
war ja was.

Hoffe dir gehts gut. Ich werde anfangen, dieses Wochenende zu chillen,
vielleicht treffen wir uns auf ein Fruehstueck?

Bis dahin moechte ich dir dieses BMW video nicht vorenthalten :))))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFt6IYG1vZA

Bis bald mein Lieber Alex

klausN

Translation:

My Dear Sifu

I’m finally back from Greece/Nevada/California/NYC/Germany, oh, that was quite something.

I hope you are doing well. I will finally start to chill this weekend, maybe we could meet over breakfast?

Until then I would like to not keep this BMW video away from you :))))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFt6IYG1vZA

See you soon my dear Alex

klausN

Dear Klaus - you owe me breakfast...

Si-fu

1 comment:

friends said...

this is a great post si-fu. thank you. sweet dragon